Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tanner in Brooklyn: Silent 10 No More!

Way back in the early days of the Metablog (also, hi, yes, I'm back from being a lazy bum), I got an email that started, "My name is Tanner, I am a silent 10 from brooklyn. I am also a blogger." Who'd have known that, thanks to the magic of the internet, podcasts, the radio, and beer, I would know Tanner, frequently corresponding with him on twitter and knowing him as an awesome fellow NYC Ten.

Lesson being: Tens, don't be silent. Also: once you email me about the Metablog, you're not silent any more!

So Tanner has an awesome blog called Tanner Ringerud is Internet. Says Tanner:
I set it up when I was moving to New York so my old friends back in Colorado could keep track of me. It's not anything special, just me talking about how mundane my life is and posting funny links I find on the internet. I also talk about all the crazy stuff that happens all the time in Brooklyn, like the time I saw a guy pooping off a bridge into the gowanus canal.
Tanner also - so this is actually great timing, me waiting to update the Metablog till now - just launched a kickass webseries called Must Love Robots. Yes, the ironic love of robots (like pirates and bacon) is verboten in TBTListan, but the sincere love of robots lives on, just like bacon is still tasty and sea shanties are still some catchy tunes.

Silent Tens pulled forcibly from obscurity, one at a time.

No comments: